Please see full CV & Profile on nl.linkedin.com/pub/silke-hassreiter/59/910/695/
Lecturer (research methodology: undergrad and postgrad & media production), Researcher and former TV Content Editor, Cinematographer and Video Editor.
Most interested in research projects in the fields of Digital Storytelling (for social change), transmedia activism, participatory media production and mobile phone usage for media production and distribution. But also always open for new challenges.
Skilled and knowledgeable in qualitative research methods and experienced in ethnography and action research.
My personal goal: lifelong learning and lifelong teaching.
- Research Methodology Courses (Media Studies, Postgraduate and Undergraduate)
- MA in Media Innovation: Research and Communications
- BA in International Media and Entertainment Management: Introduction to Research, Qualitative Research Methods, Applied Research Methods
- Media Production Courses (from Beginner to Advanced Level)
- Storytelling Techniques (Documentary/TV Features/Short Film)
- Cinematography & Video Editing (Theory and Practice)
- Graduation Supervisor (Postgraduate and Undergraduate)
- Coordinator Student TV Station “mADE TV”
Conference Papers & Research Reports
- See updated list on LinkedIn Account: nl.linkedin.com/pub/silke-hassreiter/59/910/695/
- Walton, M., Marsden, G., Hassreiter, S., & Allen S. (2012). Degrees of Sharing: Proximate Media Sharing and Messaging by Young People in Khayelitsha. Paper presented at ACM SIGCHI’s International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction with Mobile Devices and Services (MobileHCI). San Francisco, US.
- Hassreiter, S., Walton, M., & Marsden, G. (2011). Degrees of sharing. Public voices, impression management and mobile video production in a participatory media project for teens in Makhaza, Khayelitsha. Paper presented at SACOMM 2011 in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Hassreiter, S., & Walton, M. (2011). Affording Images: Digital imaging and media-sharing practices in a corpus of young people’s cameraphone images. Paper presented at Multimodality in Education colloquium at Mont Fleur, Stellenbosch, South Africa.
- Hassreiter, S., Walton, M., & Marsden, G. (2011). Degrees of sharing. Public voices, impression management and mobile video production in a participatory media project for teens in Makhaza, Khayelitsha (Project report). Cape Town: Nokia Research.
- Hassreiter, S. (2009, June). Safeguarding cultural diversity within the context of the NWICO debate: lessons from the past. Paper presented at University Leeds PhD conference: ‘The politics and policy of communications’, Leeds, UK.
Please find complete list on LinkedIn Account: nl.linkedin.com/pub/silke-hassreiter/59/910/695/
January 2011 – August 2011 (8 months) Cape Town Area, South Africa
During my sabbatical I studied at UCT (MA Media Theory – dissertation only) for one year and worked as a research assistant for Dr. Jonathan Donner from Microsoft Research India. The research project aimed at exploring public Internet access and mobile phone Internet usage in the low income areas of Cape Town. My task was to collect data (observation, in-depth interviews).
National University of Singapore
January 2011 – August 2011 (8 months)Cape Town Area, South Africa
Furthermore during my sabbatical I worked as a research assistant for Dr. Milagros Rivera from NUS. The research project aimed at exploring mobile phone usage of school leavers in the low income area Khayelitsha, Cape Town. I was in charge of collecting data (in-depth interviews, focus groups) and our peer researchers.
See full CV & profile: nl.linkedin.com/pub/silke-hassreiter/59/910/695/
University of Cape Town
Master’s degree with distinction, Communication and Media Studies
2010 – 2012
‘Digital Storytelling’ unplugged:
Public video voices and impression management in a participatory mobile media project for youth in Khayelitsha, South Africa.
Received Scholarship Nokia Kenya & Scholarship Microsoft Research India
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
University of Applied Science Teacher Qualification, Didactical Skills
2011 – 2012
University of Leicester
Postgraduate Diploma, New Media, Governance and Democracy
2008 – 2010
Other Jobs and/or Activities
- Voice training Enunciation (Entertainment & News) Dubbing (cartoons)